Sunday, December 26, 2010

JB trip 26 Dec

Went to JB with Van's family today... had some random thoughts along the way... so thought of blogging about it before I go to bed...

-------------------------------------

Was at the KTV. 1 of the girls played like a dozen Korean Pop songs. All of the songs she was just mouthing the lyrics, along with the audio. The MTVs played are the original MTVs which has only Korean lyrics... So not many Singaporeans will be able to appreciate the lyrics. The girl kept commenting that she only listen to Korean Pop nowadays. A question came into my mine... How do you "listen" to a Song whose lyrics are totally foreign to you? Unless you take the effort to google for the translation of the song, you're probably just listening to the music? Judging from the other comments such as "he's so cute" and "the dance moves so nice", I think the more likely description is that the kids (I mean kids as in probably she's not the only one, given the Korean Pop craze nowadays) "look" at the song.

I have always been listening mostly to Chinese Songs. While I do also sometimes focus on the particular singer's dance moves or the song's melody, the lyrics are always the most important to me. I always appreciate a good lyrics. That's why I can't appreciate English Songs, as my grasp of English is not strong enough for me to understand the lyrics by listening to it... And I definitely won't be able to appreciate Korean songs (or for that matter, Thai, Jap and African Songs all sounds foreign to me) then.

-------------------------------------

Had dinner at a kelong restaurant. Ok... Need to clarify on the statement. Me and some of the companions had dinner at the restaurant. Some of the other companions were "Iphoning" at the restaurant, who happened to be able to be able to squeeze out some time to multi-task by eating their dinner.

Nowadays, I always ask my close friends out for a meal. I always appreciate (and thankful) for the conversations we can have over the meal. I've always tried to minimize talking/smsing on the phone during such occasions, out of politeness for the friend(s). Lao Po also knows of this and have been refraining from smsing/calling me when I meet my friends (Thanks Lao Po), and she also tries to minimize such activities when she is with me.

-------------------------------------

Ok last part... I think it's good to encourage the young to work during their vacations. I learnt to appreciate money much better thru my various stints at temp/part time work. But then again... some just will never learn when they just need to ask/shout/request/insist/threaten for money from their parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home